Portugal Immigration Program Overview
The Portuguese Golden Visa program is a program that offers citizenship by investment in a real estate investment project or asset (freehold). Portugal Immigration Introduced in October 2012, the program has come to be one of the most popular citizenship by investment programs in the world. Non-EU citizens are simply required to hold the investment for a period of 5 years after receiving their Golden Visas. Investors and family members are initially granted a Golden Visa during their first year – after they have made their real estate investment. Permanent Residence status is granted after 5 years of holding the investment, and simultaneously, all applicants can apply for Portuguese Citizenship if each applicant can successfully pass a minor Portuguese language test (children under 18 are exempt from this exam). The Golden Visa allows for visa free travel to the entire EU until the applicants attain PR or Citizenship status after 5 years. Portugal is a part of the European Union so obtaining Portuguese Citizenship allows you to become part of the EU as well.
Investment in a real estate investment project or asset (freehold) for a minimum of 5 years.
- Acquisition of property worth € 350,000
- Option of Buy-Back available. Developer of project will guarantee Buy-Back the property for € 350,000 after the required 5-year holding period. (Only available for real estate investment projects)
Relaxed Residency Requirement
- Residency requirements are only 7 (seven) days during the first year and 14 (fourteen) days every 2 (two) years afterwards.
Benefits of the Golden Visa
- Children aged 18 and above involved in continuous education qualify.
- Parents (if dependent on applicant) will also qualify as dependents.
- No need to obtain a visa to enter the European Union countries.
- Living and working in Portugal, even with residency in a different country
- Residency extended to family members
- Extremely low minimum stay periods
- Permanent Residency or Citizenship after 5 years
- Attaining Citizenship allows visa free travel to over 190 countries, including the U.S, Canada, Australia, and the right to live and work anywhere in the EU .
- Health and Education benefits similar to those of Portuguese citizens.
For more information Contact us
If you are looking for the Portugal Immigration. Sun Enterprises is the Trustable Place for you.