In this category, parents or grand-parents of Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents can apply for a temporary resident status to visit their families in Canada.
Canada offers both multiple entries and single-entry visitor visas.
Single entry visas are granted for up to 2 years.
Multiple entry visas have a validity for up to 10 years but with other requirements such as insurance, medical examination, invitation letter, and financial support.
If you plan to visit Canada for only 6 months or less, Canada suggests you look into visitor visas, not super visas.
With that cleared, it is important that you know of the eligibility criteria to get the super visa.
Based on Canada’s official website, these are the requirements to avail the super visa:
- You must be the parent or grandparent of a permanent resident of Canada or a Canadian citizen
- You must have signed a letter from your child or grandchild who is inviting you to Canada including:
- a promise that you will be financially supported during your stay in Canada
- a complete list of people in the household of the person inviting you
- a copy of this person’s permanent resident or Canadian citizenship document
- You must have medical insurance from any of the Canadian insurance companies with:
- validity of at least 1 year from the date of entry
- coverage of at least $100,000
- a proof that the medical insurance has been paid
Canada has set some general rules for a super visa as well that include:
- An applicant must apply for the super visa from outside Canada
- An applicant must not be inadmissible to get the super visa
- An applicant must take the immigration medical exam
- An applicant must not include dependants in their application
Your application may also be judged based on:
- Your purpose of the visit
- Your finances
- Your family
- Your ties with your homeland
- Your homeland’s economic and political stability
With these requirements in mind, you might have questioned how can one show the proof of funds, mentioned earlier.
If that is the case, you can use any of these documents:
- Bank statements
- Pay stubs
- Employment insurance stubs
- Notice of Assessment
- Employment letter with hiring date and salary
This is all you need to apply.
However, applying on your own might not be as easy as it sounds.
We’ve seen a lot of people ruin their cases, destroying their chances of approval to get their super visas.
Worry not: we’ve helped people before and we want to help you too.
If you are looking for your Super Visa consultant, that’s us.
SUN has 30+ years of experience in Canadian Immigration and is a registered member of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC).
We will prepare your Super Visa case in a professional manner to increase your probability of success.
Processing time of Super Visas varies based on your country of residence.
However, most of the applications are processed within 7-10 weeks.
If you are applying from Pakistan for the Super Visa, the processing time is around 92 days, based on the official statement found on canada.ca.
Please note that this number is subject to change any time.
Feel free to reach out in case you have any questions.
We are the best Super Visa consultants.
That is not something we claim, but what people of the country has to say about us.
Sun looks forward to helping you land in Canada.