Golden Visa Program of Portugal
The Portuguese Golden Visa program is a program that offers citizenship by investment. Introduced in October 2012, the program has come to be one of the most popular citizenship by investment programs in the world. Non-EU citizens simply carry out the following investments for a period of 5 years. Investors and family members are granted a Permanent Residence status after 5 years, and then qualify to become Portuguese Citizens after 6 years.
Investment in real estate for a minimum of 5 years
i. Acquisition of property of € 500,000;
Relaxed Residency Requirement
Stay as low as 7 (seven) days during the first year and 14 (fourteen) days every 2 (two) years afterwards only.
Benefits of the Golden Visa
- Children aged 18 and above involved in continuous education qualify.
- Parents (if dependent on applicant) will also qualify as dependents.
- No more need to obtain a visa to enter European Union countries.
- Living and working in Portugal, even with residency in a different country
- Residency extended to family members
- Extremely low minimum stay periods
- Permanent Residency after 5 years
- Citizenship after 6 years. After which, one can live/work anywhere out of 26 Schengen countries.
- Health and Education benefits similar to those of Portuguese citizens