Canada Reopens Doors for International Students
Good News, Canada Now Open Doors for Students
As of October 20, 2020, some designated learning institutions (DLIs) are now able to reopen to international students who aren’t currently in Canada and who:
- Have, or have been approved for, a study permit.
- Are traveling to Canada for a non-discretionary or non-optional purpose.
The list will be updated and all the universities and institutes will be included in it very soon.
Great news for students whose application were refused now they can apply in SDS program and processing time is 21 working days.
COVID-19 readiness plan for DLIs
To be able to reopen to international students who aren’t currently in Canada, DLIs must have a COVID-19 readiness plan approved by their province or territory that
- protects the health and safety of all students and the surrounding community
- Describes how they will manage the mandatory 14-day quarantine period for international students, including arrangements for transportation to the students’ quarantine location
- Provides information and support to international students about
- – How they can get the items they need for their quarantine, like food and medications
- – Health insurance
- – Remaining healthy while in Canada