Can I study in Canada after completing Matric [10th] from Pakistan?

This is something we’ve been asked a lot over the years now.

Unfortunately, all the information out there is incorrect.

Many consultants are falsely claiming that they can get you a student visa after you complete the 10th grade (Matriculation). Please beware, this is incorrect. 

That is not the case.

You can not study in Canada after completing your 10th grade from Pakistan.

To understand this, we must look at the education systems found in both Canada and Pakistan.

A high school in Pakistan is until Matriculation (Matric) or 10th grade, whereas Canada considers high school up until 12th grade. 

To gain admission to Canadian colleges/universities, your Pakistani high school education must be equivalent to 12 years of high school in Canada. 

Therefore, anyone saying that you can gain admission to Canadian colleges after 10th grade is incorrect.

Unfortunately, a lot of our Pakistani students fall for this scam and end up paying consultants just to find out that their applications have been rejected by the Canadian government as well as the Canadian colleges.

We, at SUN, want to change that and share as much information there is about the various student programs in Canada.

If you have no clue about who can apply for the Canadian student visa, here is a brief overview:

  • Your high school education must be equivalent to that of a Canadian high school education (12 years). 
  • You cannot have a study gap of more than 1.5 years.
  • You need to have a Guaranteed Investment Certificate of 10,000 Canadian dollars
  • You need to have scored at least 6.0 in each of the testing categories of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
  • You need to first gain admission to the university to get your student visa approved
  • You need to pay your university’s first-year tuition fee 
  • You need to pay for your 1 year living expense as well 

If you can fulfill all of these requirements, you can get your Canadian student visa approved.

If you are looking to get a student visa, SUN can help.

We at SUN have connections with Canadian institutes to help you gain admission.

We can also evaluate your profile for free, to check whether or not you qualify.

We have helped thousands of students study in Canada, and now it’s time we help you.